Re: [Orgmode] In response to: .emacs works on Mac but not on Ubuntu

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] In response to: .emacs works on Mac but not on Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:40:08 +0100

Thanks everyone

>> > picked up and not your latest version.  To check that, type
>> >
>> > dpkg --list | grep org
>> >
>> > and see if org mode was installed by the package manager.  If so, just do a
>> > normal remove and see if that doesn't take care of it.

> Jere may be right: I recall previous discussions on the list that
> indicated this kind of problem. You might want to check for the existence
> of /etc/emacsXXX/site-start.d/50org-mode.el.

Tries both these thngs and can't find any installed org-mode or that
50org-mode/.el file.

I will try a few more commentin outs and retyping things, but I still
find it strange that it wa working fine in Ubuntu 8.01 and not now.,
but I then find Linux a bit like that.

Should anyone have any othe suggestions, I would still appreciate them.

Many thanks,

Graham