Re: [Orgmode] Sourceforge community award

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sourceforge community award
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 15:59:10 +0200

Hi Carsten,

great news - suggestions below!

> 1. Complete this sentence in about 140 characters: "Our project is
> [-foo-]."  For example, "Our project is a tool that helps you wash your
> car."

"Org is the extensible, customizable, self-documenting real-time project
planner. It makes you more productive by adapting itself to your needs."

> 2. Complete this sentence, also in about 140 characters: "We should win
> because [-bar-]."  For example, "We should win because we have a strong
> community and we solve a universal problem."

"We should win because Org captures the essence of project planning.
Discovering Org is the best way to discover your "productive" self."

> 3. Please provide a logo (or screenshot, if you'd prefer) for your
> project.  It should be at least 640x480, but we'll also be showing it
> as a thumbnail.

High-resolution picture of the Unicorn?

> 4. This one is optional, but it could make a big difference.  We'd like
> to show our voters a video that introduces them to the core members of
> your team.  Send along the URL (on YouTube) and we'll make sure they
> see it!

> We need to provide some information, within a week, and I would like
> to invite all of you to makes proposals for the short sentences, for the
> logo or screenshot we should be offering, and how to create a short
> video about the main contributors.  Who should be in this video,
> and how?

- Carsten's video at Google
- shots from Russell Adam's
- shots from various screencasts
- ...

I've just added a small dirty screencast about plain lists:
http://lumiere.ens.fr/~guerry/org-playing-with-lists-screencast.php

I would *love* to have a screencast demonstrating Sebastian's org-infojs
- will work on this.

> Anyone here who would like to do the collection/editing
> of video snippets?  I have no technical knowledge in this area, and we
> should think about a way to make a nice video showing *several* people,
> that will also looks interesting for observers that are not our
> default users.  This is where your help is *really* needed.

I have basic knowledge in this area, nothing terrific.  I'd glad to help
if no Steven Spielberg jumps on this.  :)

--
 Bastien