Re: [Orgmode] Show parent PROJECTS for an item

From: Eraldo Helal
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Show parent PROJECTS for an item
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 01:01:39 +0200

I had the idea of using CATEGORY as a keyword.

Benefit:

using #+CATEGORY (or the CATEGORY property)
has the disadvantage that if I change the headline the category does not update:
example:

Org-file:
* PROJECT my_renamed_project1
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CATEGORY: myproject1
  :END:
** TODO clean garage    :home:
Agenda-output:
myproject1 TODO clean garage    :home:

In this example the Agenda should show "my_renamed_project1" instead of "myproject1"

The next step would then be to enable the user to define this CATEGORY-keyword or bind it's function to an existing keyword. (e.g. PROJECT)

If there is a simpler way of getting the partent headline as agenda-prefix... > that would be even cooler and much less work I can imagine.

Greetings from Austria,
Eraldo