Re: [Orgmode] Show parent PROJECTS for an item

From: Eraldo Helal
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Show parent PROJECTS for an item
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 00:06:49 +0200

My wording!
You seem to have found a comrade.
I would further suggest getting in touch (apart from the mailing list and exchanging ideas and current setup).

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 23:27, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> wrote:
Wow, didn't think this observation would generate so much buzz :) Great to know other org-mode users feel the need for it too.

Another aspect is that when you archive and item (when it's DONE) it's nice to know it's context. If you have a NEXT ACTION that belongs to a project and this specific NA is already DONE, if you archive it you'll loose context. (you might want to data mine the archive file later, never knows :)).

Anyway, as you could note, these additions are GTD-specific, since I'm a GTD-proponent. And org-mode was so far the best system to implement GTD after plain paper.

Maybe we could create a GTD extension to org-mode? I'd love to help in the development, but I have no idea on how the code is structured and or how easy is to add / modify current features (coupling, plugin model, etc). Is there any document that explains it?

Thanks,

Marcelo.