Re: [Orgmode] source code block HTML appearance under linux firefox

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] source code block HTML appearance under linux firefox
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:56:28 -0400

Dan Davison <address@hidden> wrote:

> When source code blocks are rendered in HTML, in firefox under linux I
> see a thick lower border to the box enclosing the code, however I don't
> see this in firefox under windows and OS X, nor IE under Windows.  As an
> example (for linux users at least) look at the bounding box to the first
> code example on
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php
>
> It may seem minor on the worg page, but I've modified worg.css for my
> own use (I'm not sure who specifically to thank, but thanks!) and it can
> be very noticeable/ugly e.g.
>
> http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~davison/software/dbm/download.php
>
> If you zoom in, eventually that becomes a horizontal scrollbar, so
> perhaps what I'm seeing is a sort of vestigial scrollbar? Please excuse
> the slightly OT question, but I was hoping one of the resident css
> experts would know how to fix this? Or is it a bug in firefox?

Well, if you zoom in too far, the text does not fit in the box any more,
so you get the horizontal scrollbar - that happened to me with the
second box on your page when I zoomed in as far as it would let me (with
Ctl +). If the text fits in the box (e.g. if I step back one zoom step
with Ctl -), there is no scrollbar: there is a perfectly well-defined
pink border - no ugliness that I can see.

I also can't see any ugliness on the worg page you mention: I get
horizontal scrollbars if I zoom in too far, but they disappear
completely if I step back (e.g. the org-store-link.js example contains a
very long line, so it does not take much zooming to make it too big to
fit.)

This is ff 3.0.10 on Ubuntu 8.04.

Nick