Re: [Orgmode] Re: Organize Your Life In Plain Text!

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Organize Your Life In Plain Text!
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 11:15:00 +0100

2009/5/13 Sebastian Rose <address@hidden>:

> I like the idea of publishing the sources.
>
> Shouldn't we do something like this on worg too?
>
> It's amazing to see the too files side by side - both perfectly
> readable - visible simplicity and a great source of examples for
> (potentially new) users.
>
> BTW: it would be real fun to tranform links for this purpose, so that
> visitors could browse the published org sources just like in emacs.

Agreed... The only reason I didn't mention worg, is because it's
already available to me via the git-repo, but lowering the barriers to
entry and having it more easily web accessible will doubtless help
bring more people up to speed with org-mode.

One other thing that might be nice is to supply two copies of the
org-mode files...  The first as htmlized output of the org file with
emacs syntax highlighting, and the second RAW plain text for easy
download/copy/pasting etc...

I recently discovered Phil Hagelberg's scpaste.el, which does just
this; and scp's the files to a web-accessible host.  I made some minor
mods so it would also export the RAW file.  Example output & my
modified scpaste.el is available here:

http://sourcesmouth.co.uk/paste/

R.