Re: [Orgmode] Organize Your Life In Plain Text!

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Organize Your Life In Plain Text!
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 18:19:32 +0200

On May 8, 2009, at 5:32 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:

On May 8, 2009, at 3:46 AM, Eric Schulte wrote:

Good idea, I will certainly follow this repository.

I have a snippet suggestion.

File completion for [[file:... links. I don't know if it's possible,
but I would find it very helpful

What is wrong with `C-u C-c C-l' ?

Ah! I wasn't aware of that keybinding.  Thanks for the pointer.

Overuse of yasnippets has me hitting the tab key whenever I want any
kind of completion.  I just added the following to my org config which
should help.

(defun org-insert-link-maybe ()
 "insert a file link depending on the context"
 (interactive)
 (let ((case-fold-search t))
(if (save-excursion (re-search-backward "[[:space:]]") (forward- char 1) (looking-at "\\[?\\[?file:"))
       (progn (replace-match "") (org-insert-link '(4)) t)
     nil)))

(add-hook 'org-tab-first-hook 'org-insert-link-maybe)

Neat!

- Carsten

Thanks -- Eric

Cheers

- Carsten

Cheers -- Eric

Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> writes:

Cool... I've created a project on github for org-mode specific
yasnippets:

http://github.com/RickMoynihan/yasnippet-org-mode/tree/master

I've implemented most of the easy org-mode #+ blocks, though it is by
no means complete.  I also suspect there might be more we can do to
leverage yasnippet...  For example It'd be *really* nice to offer
completion on command line arguments to ditta... Ideally this could
be
done through some embedded elisp that ran a ditta command to dump its
command line arguments into the snippet... I don't know how much of
this is possible.

I'd like to focus here on snippets which make sense for everyone, so snippets for personal project outlines etc... are probably best left
out in favour of standard org-mode constructs.

I've not had chance to test these snippets out yet, so I don't know
if
they're bound to logical names.  If you or the org-mode community
come
up with any more snippets or suggestions, I'll be happy to merge them
into this project.

Anyone wishing to add snippets can either fork the project on github and issue a pull request, or simply email the snippet to me with the
suggested trigger text.

R.