[Orgmode] two questions (insert checkbox/ dired to org)

From: henry atting
Subject: [Orgmode] two questions (insert checkbox/ dired to org)
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 15:00:21 +0200

What is the underlying command for this shortcut:

M-S-<RET>
    Insert a new item with a checkbox

It does not work for me (if cursor is in a plain list already),
so I have to fill in checkboxes with C-c C-x C-b.

Another question: Is it possible to do something like dired-to-org,
where the directory structure (including the subdirectories) is
written to an org file?
At the moment I do something like:

find `pwd` -maxdepth 4

save the result to an org file, and additionally add `file:' at the
beginnig of each line with sed. Maybe there is something more
convenient?

Regards
henry