Re: [Orgmode] org-mode on sloooow computer

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode on sloooow computer
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:24:00 +0100

Carsten Dominik writes:
> On Apr 24, 2009, at 12:10 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> > Which part can you not reproduce?
>
> When I have the agenda on an arbitrary date, pressing "j" does *not*
> first switch the agenda to today.

<blush>

Okay, the problem was mine: I had included a very useful method,
originally from Tassilo (cf. th-calendar-open-agenda), which would
have the agenda view updated when the calendar view changed.  Removing
this gives the behaviour I was now looking for, and which is indeed
the default behaviour.  Apologies for the noise.

</blush>

Actually, this experience is a testament to the insidious nature (in a
positive way) of org-mode: it is taking over my life!  I used to have
the Emacs diary + calendar as the focus of my attention for task and
time management and org-mode was initially an addition to this.
org-mode is now almost completely the focus and I really need to clean
up my customisations to remove the old vestiges of how I used to work.

Again, apologies and continued thanks for an excellent system which I
could no longer live without!