[Orgmode] Re: Adding time to deadline and schedule timestamps

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Adding time to deadline and schedule timestamps
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 08:32:36 -0400

Cameron Horsburgh <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to get a little more control over my DEADLINE and SCHEDULED
> timestamps. Specifically, I'd like to be able to add the time (not
> just the date) when I hit C-c C-d or C-c C-s.
>
> I tried adding the prefix, which is how you would do it when putting
> in a plain timestamp (C-u C-c .) However, this combo deletes any
> schedule or deadline property the note might have.
>
> If I use C-c C-d/s and try to type the time in at the prompt it is
> ignored. However, I can manually add it to the timestamp afterwards
> and everything works as expected.
>
> Is there a way to automatically add the time? This would seem to be a
> very natural thing to be able to do, especially for deadlines.

The prefix is used to remove the timestamps.

To add a time I just enter the time when you get the SCHEDULED or
DEADLINE date prompt.

eg. Date+time [2009-04-07]: mon 7pm

Lots of formats are supported.

Entering the time at the prompt works for me.

,----[ Example org file entering '7pm' and 'fri 11:30-13:30' ]
| * One
|   DEADLINE: <2009-04-07 Tue 19:00>
| * TODO Something