Re: [Orgmode] Adding time to deadline and schedule timestamps

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Adding time to deadline and schedule timestamps
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 22:42:30 +1000

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 12:24:33PM +0000, Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:

> --- Mar 7/4/09, Cameron Horsburgh <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> > I'm trying to get a little more control over my
> > DEADLINE and SCHEDULED
> > timestamps.
>
> The manual (8.3 Deadlines and scheduling) states:
>
> [...] special keywords to facilitate *planning*
>
> DEADLINE
>      Meaning: the task (most likely a TODO item, though not
>      necessarily) is supposed to be finished on that *date*.
>
> SCHEDULED
>      Meaning: you are planning to start working on that task on the
>      given *date*.
>

> I think you should use a timestamp
>
> * Submit :Project_A_
> DEADLINE <2008-10-11>
> ** last minute for submission
> <2008-10-11 16:59>

Yes, that's true. However, being able to do this in one timestamp
would seem to make a lot of sense. After all, this will show up in my
agenda as two apparently unrelated things. Besides, I should only have
to put the information in once, not twice.

--

Cameron Horsburgh

Blog: http://spiritcry.wordpress.com/