Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sorting TODOs with time-up

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sorting TODOs with time-up
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:44:05 +0200

On Mar 31, 2009, at 1:53 PM, David Engster wrote:

On Mar 30, 2009, at 11:03 PM, David Engster wrote:
While browsing through chapter 10, I got the impression that the
different views are just different filters, but that I'm always
dealing with the same agenda mode, where each entry carries the same
information.

Actually, I think this is so, entries always do carry the same
information in all these views.  remember that, a Matt said,
time-up is time-of-day only.

Yes. What I wanted to say is that when it do "C-u C-x =" on an entry in
the daily/weekly agenda, I see properties like

 date                 (4 1 2009)
 day                  733498
 dotime               [Show]
 extra                "Scheduled: "
 org-day-cnt          3
 time                 "12:00......"
 time-of-day          1200

which are not existent or 'nil' in the TODO list (but can be parsed
through the org-hd-marker information).

The reason I'm dealing with this, aside from sorting, is that I'd like
to extract date information from (custom) agenda views, so that I can
display them in other programs, e.g. in special Gnus groups. I don't
know yet if that really makes sense, but since I'm mostly living in
Gnus, it would probably have advantages for me.

You might want to take a brute-force approach then, mapping
over entries with `org-map-entries' and getting all the
properties with (org-entry-properties), and then do any
processing/sorting etc yourself.
You might also want to take a look at org-collector.el, by Eric Schulte.

Regards

- Carsten