Re: [Orgmode] remember template indentation

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] remember template indentation
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 23:19:40 +0100

Evening,

On 28 Mar 09, Eraldo Helal wrote:

> If I create it with my remember template however...
>
>       ("inbox" ?i "* %^{topic}%i\n:LOGBOOK:\n- Created: %U from
> %a\n:END:\n%?" "inbox.org" "stuff")
>
> then it is all the way in the left margin (first char)
> and it does not move when the headline does (promote|demote)
>
> Any idea how I can get my remember template to make the LOGBOOK and enter
> the creation date there while keeping the default behavior?

Intend the LOGBOOK-Drawer in your template with two spaces:

("inbox" ?i "* %^{topic}%i\n  :LOGBOOK:\n  - Created: %U from %a\n  :END:\n%?"
"inbox.org" "stuff")

This template creates a level two headline in inbox.org like this:

* stuff
** <your topic>
   :LOGBOOK:
   - Created <timestamp> from <link>
   :END:
<your description>

So the LOGBOOK-Drawer is placed exactly if it would be if created by
changing a todo state (and behaves so). The "\n" is a escape sequence that
stands for RET.

Regards,

  -- David
--