[Orgmode] Announcing my Python module to read org-mode files

From: Charles Cave
Subject: [Orgmode] Announcing my Python module to read org-mode files
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:37:19 +1100

Over the last couple of months I have developed a Python module
to read an org-mode file and return the nodes as a list
of objects.  The module is the basis of a Python/TK GUI
program to display a "Word of the Day" (another article
will be published about this program soon).

Here is the article (and source code)
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/orgnode.html

This is an example of what the module can do:

import Orgnode
nodelist = Orgnode.makelist("newgtd.org")

print "\n--------- PROJECT LIST ----------------"
for node in nodelist:
  if node.Tag() == "PROJECT":
      print "[ ]", node.Heading()

I hope the module is of interest to Python programmers!

Charles