Re: [Orgmode] Announcing my Python module to read org-mode files

From: Mark Elston
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Announcing my Python module to read org-mode files
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:28:56 -0700

Charles,

* Charles Cave wrote (on 3/14/2009 8:37 PM):
Over the last couple of months I have developed a Python module
to read an org-mode file and return the nodes as a list
of objects.  The module is the basis of a Python/TK GUI
program to display a "Word of the Day" (another article
will be published about this program soon).

This looks interesting.  I had started a thread about a month
ago dealing with reading and writing org files from an external
process.  I already was extracting data from external sources
and writing these files but I didn't have a way of effectively
*updating* these files, only overwriting them.  This looks like
what I was looking for to allow me to accomplish this.

The only thing better would be a way to use this package to
update the nodes and then write them back out.  Hmmmmm......

Mark