Re: [Orgmode] Re: Show parent header in agenda

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Show parent header in agenda
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 18:41:51 +0000

Richard Riley writes:
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
> > This is currently my personal holy grail... I'm constantly scouring
> > the web-sphere for any small computer that will (a) fit in my jacket
> > pocket and (b) run emacs!  I want something to replace my old Psion 3s which
> > is what I used until the last one died and I switched to org-mode
> > instead.  Having now gotten used (addicted, methinks) to org-mode, the
> > bar has been raised and I cannot consider any computer that won't run
> > Emacs as a result.
>
> I have been looking too, but cant help feeling anything smaller than an
> netbook just wont have the keyboard needed for emacs.

For general emacs use, I would tend to agree with you.  However, the
really exciting aspect, for me, is that org-mode is so customisable
that I can easily imagine having key sequences that would be
appropriate for the keyboard on any device.

In fact, with key-chord, even keyboards without suitable meta/ctrl/alt
keys can be used quite effectively in emacs.

--
NL Professor Eric S Fraga, UCL, http://www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucecesf/