[Orgmode] Re: Using Git to update more than one machine (one without net

From: Paul Mead
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Using Git to update more than one machine (one without network access)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:56:05 +0000 (UTC)

Bernt Hansen <bernt <at> norang.ca> writes:

> I suggest you put bare repositories on the USB stick.

>   $ git push # update any existing branches on the usb stick
>
> On your work machine just clone the USB repo
>
>   $ git clone /path/to/usb/org-mode.git
>
> and you should be all set.

Bernt, your version seems more complicated to me, but I'm keen to understand
more so I'll try to work through the manual to get a better understanding of
your method, thanks. At the moment I'm not at all clear what the benefits of
using a bare repo rather than just cloning the original for instance.

Paul