RE: [Orgmode] Question to windows users

From: Jonathan Arkell
Subject: RE: [Orgmode] Question to windows users
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 13:32:49 -0500

You could see if uuidgen is available, and if not, fallback to an online uuid
generator:
http://www.famkruithof.net/uuid/uuidgen

Sending a post request to that URL shouldn't be too hard. And you can extract
the UUID from the first <h3> element on the page.

I would separate the code responsible for extraction for retrieval, that way if
the page format, url, or post vars change, it will be easy to update.