Re: [Orgmode] Question to windows users

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Question to windows users
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:18:39 +0000

Hi Windows users,

is the command uuidgen usually available under windows?  I am considering
to make this the default for ID generation because it works on the Mac
and under GNU/Linux.  But I would like to have a default that works on
all systems....

There is a windows API call to generate GUID's, which are unique and I assume are the same as uuids. I used to know what this was, but I have forgotten now:) I don't know if emacs lisp can call the windows API, but somewhere I should have a small command line app that enerates GUIDs and outputs them to stdout.

Ian.