Re: [Orgmode] Spreadsheet question

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Spreadsheet question
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:26:46 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

I can see that this could be confusing, and maybe it should throw an error.

The use-ase fo this are running means as column formulas
that would be undefined for he first few rows in.  Consider
the following table:

| i | nn | mean of last 3 |
|---+----+----------------|
| 1 |  4 |           4.00 |
| 2 |  7 |           5.50 |
| 3 |  2 |           4.33 |
| 4 |  4 |           4.33 |
| 5 |  5 |           3.67 |
| 6 |  7 |           5.33 |
| 7 |  9 |           7.00 |
| 8 | 22 |          12.67 |
#+TBLFM: $3=vmean(address@hidden);%.2f

I am not sure how common this use is and who would
be hurt by turning this behavior into an error.

- Carsten