Re: [Orgmode] Some feature requests and how to obtain or implement them

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Some feature requests and how to obtain or implement them
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:26:20 +0100

Hi Jürgen,

On Nov 6, 2008, at 6:22 PM, Jurgen Defurne wrote:

Dear,

In the last year I have been using org-mode fairly heavy for my day to day work and I am very satisfied with. However, there are two things that would make life somewhat easier wrt. my usage of org- mode vs. the reporting I need to for my job.

1) I have to enter my spent time in a separate application. While the agenda view is nice, it would be nicer if it was possible to show on the agenda view ONLY the features that I have logged, so that I just get a nice overview of what I have really done, excluding everything that has been entered or planned. I.o.w. to show only those things that appear in logging mode on the agenda view.

You can do this now (6.11c), by pressing `C-u C-u l' in the agenda.

2) It would also be nice if it was possible to use reporting blocks which give percentages of time used in total, instead of only hours. This would make it easier for us to plan and predict.

I am not sure if I understand, but you can define formulas for clockreport tables which can compute whatever you like. To help more, I would need a better description what you want to do, with an example.

- Carsten