Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode idea?

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode idea?
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 15:23:13 +0100

Hi Dennis,

"Dennis Groves (CISG)" <address@hidden> writes:
> I would also like to get the big file split out into many small files, so
> that they are easier to work with.  I want to split this up into potentially
> dozens of files in different subdirectories in my org folder. The structure
> reflects my own mental outline of course.
>
> Now my idea is this could agenda be made to read the subdirectories
> recursively and scan the files there in for todo's? Sorta, like a compile?
> Or could I have a single file that is simply a list of all the files to look
> into in order to create my agenda?

are you aware of the shortcut
   C-c C-[
?
It adds any Org-file to your agenda files. Your agenda is automatically
compiled from all those 'agenda files'.

Nice side effect: you may open your agenda files by pressing
   C-,
which will open all of them, one by one for each C-,
C-c C-[ will add a file to the _front_ of the list, so the file will be the
first one opened through C-,

Regards,

  Sebastian

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Http:  www.emma-stil.de