[Orgmode] Case-sensitivity in regular expressions and sparse trees for t

From: Chris Randle
Subject: [Orgmode] Case-sensitivity in regular expressions and sparse trees for tags
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:38:22 +0100

Hi Gerrit

Forgive me if I've misunderstood regular expressions in Emacs or
Org-mode in some fundamental way!

I have some tags which begin "CD" followed by a number. For example

* Tagged Heading  :CD123:

When I ask for a sparse tree of all tags beginning with "CD", I do

'C-c / T'

And ask for tags of

{^CD.*}

This doesn't return any of the tagged headlines, but this does:

{^cd.*}

Is this a bug, or my misunderstanding? Obviously this is no
show-stopper, I just make sure that all my regexp searches are in lower
case, but thought I'd check.

--
Chris Randle
Windows XP SP3 - GNU Emacs 22.1.1 - Org-mode 6.06b