Re: [Orgmode] Blorg

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Blorg
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 10:57:50 +0100

Russell Adams wrote:
I'm making an effort to expand into the web publishing side of org,
and was reading up on Blorg. It looks nice!

I had two questions, first is are there any existing themed CSS files
available?

I have a theme and some code available here, which might be modifiable for your needs:

http://github.com/RickMoynihan/sourcesmouth-blorg-theme/watchers

It's a very basic theme, which you can see in action here:

http://sourcesmouth.co.uk/blog

Second I saw a notice on Bastien's page where he stated that Blorg is
now no longer maintained. Has it been depreciated? If so what's the
replacement?

Yes, I think Bastien's deprecated it, as he plans to write a new version. At the moment I think blorg.el is the only available blogging option under org-mode. It can be a little temperamental in rendering hyperlinks; and I've not been able to get to the bottom of this problem :-(

If you start using it, be sure to let us know how you get on.

R.