Re: [Orgmode] org-plot (generating graphs from org-mode)

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-plot (generating graphs from org-mode)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:08:54 -0700

On Tuesday, August 26, at 14:36, Sebastian Rose wrote:
 > Hi again,
 >

 > still emacs 23:

on Debian (Xubuntu) I'm using
- cvs emacs23 (from a couple of weeks ago)
- gnuplot 4.2 patchlevel 2
- gnuplot.el 0.6.0

 > On the table with data:
 >
 >    The first try works. Then I have to pres C-M-g twice to get
 >    the plot window.

I've noticed this as well, but for me it only happens when doing 3d or
grid plots.  I think the gnuplot process may be changing state, I may
just start restarting this process before every graph.

 > On the empty tables:
 >
 >    with (setq debug-on-error t) this is in *Messages*:

How have I never seen `debug-on-error' before! thanks

 > (:plot-type grid :with lines :ind 0 :title "org mode" :map nil) [3 times]
 > Mark set [14 times]
 > Mapping tables: 100%
 > Mark set [2 times]
 > Mapping tables: done
 > signal: Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (el) (message (format "%S"
 > el)) el), 2
 >

 > The buffer is modified after C-M-g and emacs asks if I want to save it.

That is certainly something to figure out.

I've added all these issues to my TODO for the project, and will
hopefully start resolving them soon, I'll update here.

Thanks for the testing/debugging -- Eric