[Orgmode] Re: Exporting to HTML - underscores cause unwanted sub-script

From: David House
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Exporting to HTML - underscores cause unwanted sub-script
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:03:04 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel J. Sinder <daniel <at> sindercity.com> writes:

> For the record, you can also "fix" this problem using the following
> file-local customization:

You can also disable this globally with the following code in your .emacs:

;; Don't convert _ and ^ unless surrounded by braces
(setq org-export-with-sub-superscripts '{})

IMO this option isn't flexible enough, though. Typically when I write a^b I
nearly always mean b as a subscript. However when I write a_b, I rarely mean b
as a subscript. So I would like an option that forces me to use braces for
subscript, but accepts superscripts without braces.

If I have time tonight I'll try to throw a patch together to do this.