Re: [Orgmode] Sorting agenda items

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sorting agenda items
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:02:14 +0200

On Apr 17, 2008, at 10:29 PM, Manish wrote:

Hello All,

 I would like to set up a daily agenda view with todos sorted in the
following order:

 1. Timed TODOs
 2. DEADLINES
 3. TODO type - STARTED
 4. TODO type - NEXT
 5. TODO type - TODO

 I could find/figure out how to do #1 and #2 but #3-5 escape me.  I
hope I did not miss it in the manual.

You cannot sort tasks in an agenda view according to TODO type,
but you can make a block agenda that extracts the different task
types one by one.

For example

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
   '(("A" "Task types"
      ((agenda "" nil)
      (todo "STARTED" nil)
      (todo "NEXT" nil)
      (todo "TODO" nil))
      nil nil)))

sets up a view that contains

1. The agenda, which includes scheduled and deadline stuff.
2. All STARTED entries
3. All NEXT entries
4. All TODO entries

The other posiility, if you want to reduce the amount of stuff you look at, is to make
separate commands for each of these

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
   '(("A" . "Tasks")
     ("Aa" "My agenda" agenda "" nil)
     ("As" "STARTED Stuff" todo "STARTED" nil)
     ("An" "NEXT Actions" todo "NEXT" nil)
     ("At" "TODO Items" todo "TODO" nil)))

HTH

- Carsten