[Orgmode] Sorting agenda items

From: Manish
Subject: [Orgmode] Sorting agenda items
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 01:59:32 +0530

Hello All,

  I would like to set up a daily agenda view with todos sorted in the
following order:

  1. Timed TODOs
  2. DEADLINES
  3. TODO type - STARTED
  4. TODO type - NEXT
  5. TODO type - TODO

  I could find/figure out how to do #1 and #2 but #3-5 escape me.  I
hope I did not miss it in the manual.

  The whole idea is to spend minimum brain cycles while picking up
next item from the agenda.  One way that makes sense for me is to
reduce the size of region that I would scan while picking up next item
(i.e. set of NEXT todos).  I think it's possible if one uses tags to
mark task state changes.  Not sure how to do it with TODO keywords.  I
wonder if people just pick up whatever is on the top of the agenda or
scan the whole list everytime you want to pick up next task?

Hope it made sense.

Thanks,
-- Manish