[Orgmode] Re: How to get a clocking report ?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How to get a clocking report ?
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:15:53 -0400

Jurgen Defurne <address@hidden> writes:

> I use org-mode already three months to organise my work, and this is a
> fantastic tool. I have set up an agenda for daily tasks I must do, I
> can use remember for when people come ask things, when I have ideas or
> just to record problems and things that I need to follow up in the
> course of the day.
>
> However, someone developed a time-tracking tool once where I work, and
>so I must browse through my agenda view to know on what I have worked
>and how long it took. What I really would appreciate would be a report
>which just lists the clocked items of the day, together with their
>start and end times, ie.
>
>  TASK1 : Description [Start-end]
>
> maybe optionally also tags, because I use tags to know for which
> projects I have clocked.
>
> Is this possible ?

With the latest development version in git you can type 'R' in the
agenda and it displays a clock table with total time spent on everything
you clocked for the period you're looking at.

You can also use C-c C-x C-r to insert a clock report into your org file
and specify the timeperiod to display.

I have a todo.org which I put an agenda clock report just for today (but
R in the agenda does that for me now too! :) and all my other org files
have monthly reports.  You can move the period with S-left and S-right
on the #BEGIN: clocktable line

I don't know of a way to get the start times other than looking in the
agenda - but the daily agenda with 'R' and 'l' shows the clock times so
you can see the start times for each and the total time spent at the
bottom.

There's lots of information in the documentation about clock reports.

Hope that helps,

Bernt