Re: [Orgmode] rcirc (bug?)

From: Phil Jackson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] rcirc (bug?)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:57:49 +0000

Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Both "enter" and "follow link" (C-c C-o) had the same problem.
>>
>> I've just put a fix in git for this. Can I ask how you initiate your
>
> How do I get it? Or can you post the line here?

Hold two, I'm going to make sure this is more robust. I'll post to this
thread when I'm done and you can help me test it if you would.

>> session? Is it interactively with erc-select?
>
> What do you mean interactively? The only way I know to start erc is with
> erc-select. Or did you mean was erc already open when I selected the
> link? If so, then both. Sometime erc is open, sometimes not.

It can be initialised non-interactively like this:

  (erc :server "irc.blah.com"
       :nick   "phil"
       :port   6667))

And :port can be a string or a number which is where this bug comes
from I think.

Cheers,
Phil
--