Re: [Orgmode] rcirc

From: Hugo Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] rcirc
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:50:32 -0700

Hi folks.

i'd like to write that but before I have to understand how do you use it.. :)

I'm trying it with ERC and what I see: following an irc link takes you to the corresponding buffer (say emacs channel)
What does that have to do with logs?

I must have missed something big this time...

-hugo

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Richard G Riley <address@hidden> wrote:
Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Are there any plans to support remembering irc channels using org-mode?
>> e.g a hot link on a todo/remembered item which opens rcirc? I recall
>> planner had links to erc.
>
> Note: org-irc.el fully supports Erc but Phil coded it in a way that the
> support for rcirc should be quite straightforward.  Great if you can
> help on this, because I don't know many rcirc users out there...

Thanks for the info.

I wish I could. Sorry, but elisp is a black art for me for anything but
the most simple things.

Yes, I just checked the code. It only supports erc. Planner already did
that and erc already allows multiple servers and channels to be
registered so I guess there was a good basis for the erc installation
into org-mode. Not to worry. Maybe I can look at it another time or move
back to erc. In fact I should probably question why I moved to rcirc
from erc!

regards

richard.