Re: [Orgmode] Release 5.23a

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Release 5.23a
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 06:11:26 +0100

On Mar 11, 2008, at 4:47 AM, Richard G Riley wrote:

On Mar 11, 2008, at 1:03 AM, Xin Shi wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the release!

There is a bug which I got from an Email several weeks ago said it
has been fixed, but I still found it in the 5.23a.  When export the
org file to html, emacs opens the .html file in the buffer. Since
the html file has already been saved, shall we not open it in
Emacs?  Another reason that this matters to me is that I'm using the
nXhtml mode, whenever emacs opens the html file, (even in the
background buffer), it will load this mode and open the *nXhtml
Welcome* buffer in half window. :)

That is horrible bahavior, and you should start by writing a bug
report to the maintainer of that package....

The nxhtml welcome screen can be turned off in the nxhtml customize
group.

Well, this is good, but still it is a bug that it is not off by default.
Just imagine a world in which every Emacs extension permanently
split the frame to display a welcome message.

- Carsten