Re: [Orgmode] Release 5.23a

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Release 5.23a
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 01:15:18 +0000

Xin Shi <address@hidden> writes:

> Is that possible to make it kill the buffer on the C-c C-e h case? Or
> let user to customize this behavior?  I don't know the reason to keep
> that buffer in this case.

I don't know what the default should be, I have no personal preference.
I think it's quite useful to have the exported file accessible through
the list of buffers even if you don't want to jump to it.

But I certainly wouldn't go for an option about this.

What people think?

>> Note two differences with "publishing": (1) publishing require a file to
>> be part of a project and (2) publishing will kill exported buffers.
>>
> I'm not sure where are these two differences comes from? Are they
> behaviors in org or in general?

I'm not sure what do you mean by "in general".  In case of publishing,
since you can publish a project from *any* buffer, it doesn't really
make sense to keep the exported buffers alive, right?  As for the (1),
the truth is that it would be nice to be able to add a file to a project
on the fly.

--
Bastien