Re: [Orgmode] Re: Timeline not working in 5.20

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Timeline not working in 5.20
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 08:12:53 +0100

On Feb 7, 2008, at 3:11 AM, Mark Ochocki wrote:

Phil Jackson wrote:
Wanrong Lin <address@hidden> writes:
I have the same problem, and here is a mini-example that will generate
the error "Arithmetic range error: "floor", -0.0e+NaN ", hope it
helps.
I've had a look and I think the culprit is:
,----[ line 21411 ]
|  dfrac (/ (* 1.0 (- wdays diff)) wdays)
`----
Which evals to -0.0e+NaN and then propagates. Might see if I can dig
further tomorrow if I get time.
Cheers,
Phil

I believe line 21411 also causes problems with Deadlines when individual items are changed from the default set in org-deadline- warning-days.

Here's an example from my org file:

Day-agenda:
 Controller:    In   4 d.:  TODO Review Fin... :workpc:(priority 1060)
 Controller:    In   5 d.:  TODO Brief MA...   :work:  (priority 1050)
 Controller:    In   4 d.:  TODO Run sale...   :workpc:(priority 1042)

org file:
***** TODO Run sale...                          :workpc:
     DEADLINE: <2008-02-10 Sun +1m -7d>
***** TODO Review Fin...                        :workpc:
     DEADLINE: <2008-02-10 Sun +1m -10d>
***** TODO Brief MA...                            :work:
     DEADLINE: <2008-02-11 Mon -10d>

Well, I guess this is a matter of taste. Do you want the deadlines prioritized
according to the fraction of warning time that has past, or according to
the number of days left to do them.  Opinions?

- Carsten

I think the 5 day deadline should have a lower priority than the 4 day priority regardless of the percentage of completion. Agree?

Mark J. Ochocki