Re: [Orgmode] What's the use of Column View?

From: Phil Jackson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] What's the use of Column View?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:44:03 +0000

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> Any one find the column view feature of any use?

Yes, I use it all the time. My main application of it being a (gpg'd)
passwords file. Column view makes it very easy to scan and edit.

I also use it to maintain a small, high level log of my business
accounts.

> 1. It reduced the readability of .org files. I think the syntax of the
> file should be kept as close as possible to plain text file.

But you don't have to use it *and* it's all plain text.

> 2. It barely has a role in any GTD work flow.

Org mode isn't just about GTD.

Cheers,
Phil
--