Re: [Orgmode] compose and send html email using orgmode

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] compose and send html email using orgmode
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:36:49 -0800

Hi, Carsten

Thanks for looking into this.

On Tuesday, January 15, at 12:13, Carsten Dominik wrote:
 > Hi Eric,
 >
 > this is a *very* interesting application.
 >
 > On Jan 11, 2008, at 8:44 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:
 > >
 > > Note: This is still very young, so here are some issues, and ideas for
 > > improvement that the list may be able to help with. :)
 > >
 > > 1. it seems that for the org-export-as-html command to work, the
 > >   buffer must be associated with a file, this adds some complexity to
 > >   the process, is it possible to export-as-html without associating
 > >   the buffer with a path?
 >
 > You can use org-replace-region-by-html which will work in a buffer
 > without a file.

Thanks, I will try that out, which should help to greatly trim down
the amount/complexity of this code.

 > > 2. if org-export-as-html has not yet been called since turning emacs
 > >   on, then the following error occurs in org-export-as-html
 > >    ------*Messages*-------
 > >    Exporting... [2 times]
 > >    byte-code: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
 > >    ------*Messages*-------
 > >   Hence they hacky turn-on-full-org-mailing function, and
 > >   mail-turn-on-full-org-mailing-first-time variable
 >
 > Can you provide more details about how to produce this bug?

yes, the simplest way to reproduce is...

1. completely turn off emacs
2. start up emacs
3. open a non-org-mode buffer (I began editing a file called "test")
4. start up orgstruct-mode
5. enter some text, select the text as a region, then call
   org-export-region-as-html

this function should fail with something like this in your messages.

Exporting... [2 times]
Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

I'm using GNU Emacs 22, with org-5.17a

Hope this helps,