Re: [Orgmode] Re: update-org script

From: Harald Weis
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: update-org script
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:50:55 +0100

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 08:23:00PM -0500, Dan Griswold wrote:
> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Dec 13, 2007, at 6:24 PM, Pete Phillips wrote:
> >> Carsten appears to link the latest version of the org tar file to
> >>
> >>    http://orgmode.org/org.tar.gz
> >

> > That used to be a link, it is now a hard copy because I did not
> > know how to make a link via an ftp connection.  So ever since
> > Org-mode moved to orgmode.org, there are two identical copies of
> > the same file on the server: org-version.tar.gz and org.tar.gz
>
> Well, as long as it works, and doesn't create problems for you, that
> should be fine.
>
> I do find it curious that I don't see that file when I ls the
> directory. No biggie; just find it interesting.
>
> More of a concern is why Harald can't get to it at all.

Here is the full story:

In my great innocence I thought: what I cannot see does not exist.

I have downloaded org-5.16b.tar.gz with firefox a week ago.
When I saw the script, I have tried to understand it which
I didn't because firefox does not see org.tar.gz.

I never ran ``wget http://orgmode.org/org.tar.gz'' until
some minutes ago. It does work fine.

I did not know lftp until Dan's message. So I only used it just now:

Indeed, ``lftp -c open -e ls http://orgmode.org/'' does not show org.tar.gz.
But again, ``lftp -c get http://orgmode.org/org.tar.gz'' works like a
charm.

So for me, firefox _and_ lftp do not ``see'' org.tar.gz.

Normal or not normal ? That is the question.
My firefox version is 2.0.0.4.
Very strange that Dan's firefox does see it!

Many thanks to all of you for your help. I've learned a lot.

Harald
--
FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p2 #0: Tue Feb 27 22:56:09 UTC 2007