Re: [Orgmode] Re: update-org script

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: update-org script
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:32:29 +0100

On Dec 13, 2007, at 6:24 PM, Pete Phillips wrote:

Guys

"Dan" == Dan Griswold <address@hidden> writes:

   Dan> Perhaps the problem with getting the name of the org tarball
   Dan> (which changes with each version) can be solved by replacing:

   Dan>    wget http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org.tar.gz

   Dan> with this:

   Dan>    command="" result=`lftp -c open -e ls
   Dan> http://orgmode.org|grep tar.gz|grep -v freemind`
   Dan> orgname="http://orgmode.org"${result:16:20} wget $orgname

I'm confused about your concerns here.

Carsten appears to link the latest version of the org tar file to

        http://orgmode.org/org.tar.gz

That used to be a link, it is now a hard copy because I did not
know how to make a link via an ftp connection.  So ever since
Org-mode moved to orgmode.org, there are two identical copies of
the same file on the server: org-version.tar.gz and org.tar.gz

- Carsten