[Orgmode] A better indentation for lists

From: Leo
Subject: [Orgmode] A better indentation for lists
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:15:01 +0000

Dear all,

The indentation of lists has annoyed me for quite a while. The following
behavior can be observed:

<example 1>
* Head
  - 1
  - 2
    + 3
      - 4

If we need -4 to be on the same level as 1 and 2, we need to move 4 to
form the following:

<example 2>
* Head
  - 1
  - 2
    + 3
  - 4

Now if I reindent the buffer, <example 2> will go back to <example 1>,
i.e. the indentation of list is not robust at all.

Thus I propose the following:

 i. TAB can only move an item if it is before the first indentation
    level

     <example 2>
     * Head                                * Head
     - 1                                     - 1
     - 2                ==>>                 - 2
     + 3                                     + 3
     - 4                                     - 4

 ii. M-<right/left> for moving to other levels for example if 3 should
     be a sublist, move cursor to it and press <M-right>

     * Head
       - 1
       - 2
         + 3
       - 4

I feel this behavior is more robust than current one.

HTH,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

       Use the most powerful email client -- http://gnus.org/