Re: [Orgmode] Re: Ringing the alarm bell in orgmode

From: Chris Leyon
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Ringing the alarm bell in orgmode
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:34:07 -0500

On 11/6/07, William Henney <address@hidden> wrote:
> The big problem I have with info is in setting it up so that it finds
> the right files. For instance, I have totally failed to work out how I
> can tell it where my org info files are, with the result that it
> always shows me the old version that comes with my emacs (currently
> 4.67). I have tried setting Info-default-directory-list and
> Info-directory-list, but all to no avail. Has anyone else had this
> problem?
> Cheers
> Will

I too have experienced frustration attempting to use the
Info-*-directory-list variables.  However, I can live without this
particular feature, so I haven't spent much time trying to make it
work.

But I can tell you how to go to a specific info file which corresponds
to your new Org version:  from any info page, press the `g' key.  When
it prompts "Go to node:", enter an opening parenthesis `(', then a
path to your desired info filename.  (Filename completion via the Tab
key works here which is very helpful.)  When you reach your filename,
close with a final `)' character, although Tab will insert this for
you too.  Press Enter, and your desired Info file should open.

Chris