[Orgmode] Re: Ringing the alarm bell in orgmode

From: Uwe Jochum
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Ringing the alarm bell in orgmode
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:23:11 +0100

Message from Nov 06 2007 (10:43):
>> But I cannot figure out how to set an alarm bell in Emacs for
>> scheduled stuff in orgmode.
>
> Did you try `org-agenda-to-appt'?

Bastien,

thanks! I hadn't seen that in the manual... It works, but I have to do
it manually evry time I start orgmode or every time I set a new
appointment. Wouldn't it be good to make this more automatic,
i.e. somehow configurable by the user, for instance like so: make it an
option, so I can activate it globally in the org-agenda options menu, in
such a way that new appointments are detected automatically and the bell
rings without doing org-agenda-to-appt by hand?

Schöne Grüße,

Uwe