Re: [Orgmode] Suggestion: Jump points

From: Scott Jaderholm
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Suggestion: Jump points
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:28:56 -0600

On 7/11/07, Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> wrote:
So here's a suggestion.  Why not support jump points (or jump lines),
which would be essentially be a syntactic marker that would tell
org-mode to jump to a specific line within an outline when visiting from
the agenda e.g. via follow mode.

* My main project outline.
   blah blah blah...

   - [ ] do something
   - [ ] do this ++
   - [ ] do something else

Hi Rick,

I'm guessing you have a really good reason for organizing your project
using lists and check boxes instead of TODOs and headings, in which
case this email isn't really useful--but, in the extremely unlikely
event that you don't, I thought I'd note how this becomes a non-issue
if you organize your work in the following way:

* My main project outline
** TODO do something
** NEXT do this
  SCHEDULED: <2007-07-12 Thu>
** do something else

If you schedule individual tasks, instead of projects, then the agenda
will take you right to your next item. If you schedule projects, then
it's easy to see what is the next item to be done because it says
NEXT.

Cheers,
Scott