Re: [Orgmode] In-buffer bold face in headline levels

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] In-buffer bold face in headline levels
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:54:59 +0200

OK, I am giving up on emphasis.  This is really too hard for
my little brain.  Basically, I don't know how to make this
work for all the requests I have gotten in the past,
including

- allowing stacked fontification, like bold and italic
- allowing characters that are emphasis markers inside
  an emphasis, like */usr/lib*
- allowing white space and newlines in the emphasis
  like *this is all bold*,

I guess one could write a complex function to do the matching,
but with a regular expression - like I am doing it now, I
don't think I can make it work.

Here is the deal:  If I get at least 5 tutorials full of
screenshots by the end of the summer, I will give it
yet another shot :-)
Until then, we have to live with this issue.

- Carsten

P.S.:  Of course: thank you for reporting the issue.  Its just
too hard to fix.