Re: [Orgmode] Org-Mode to handle appointments ?

From: Piotr Zielinski
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-Mode to handle appointments ?
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 00:39:49 +0100

Hi Bastien,

Personally, I use org-mode for personal planning (todos, deadlines,
etc), but for appointments I use calendar programs (Google Calendar in
my case).  If your calendar program understands the iCalendar format,
then you can convert it to the diary format, which can then be
incorporated into org-agenda view.  I think I have posted scripts to
do this automatically to this mailing list some time ago; if not, I
can post them again.

You can also store your appointments in your org file as you
suggested, although I haven't tried this approach.  I think it all
boils down to how do you identify your appointments.  If you think of
all/most of your appointments as tightly bound to particular projects,
then storing them in an org-file under a particular project might be a
good idea.  If your appointments are usually not bound to particular
projects, or you need advanced calendar scheduling functions (eg. appt
every second tuesday), then diary or a calendar program is a better
idea I think. It allows you to think of appointments in terms of time
rather than projects they belong to.

Piotr