Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Midnight and noon in agendas

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Midnight and noon in agendas
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 07:15:15 +0200

Well, if this is the way things are normally interpreted,
then this is clearly a bug.  Thanks for explaining this to me.
Strange system. Switching am to pm always makes the event happen later, except when the hour is 12.

However, I will not make items jump days because of a time specification. This has first of all technical reasons: Agenda entries are collected based on the date only. The time-of-day specification is only used later in the process to sort the entries on the day. So given this restriction, what would you or other people here want:

Should 12am be listed as 0:00 or as 24:00?
Should 12:21am be listed as 0:21 or as 24:21?

It seems to me that the logic would be a bit better to schedule these show uo as 0:00 and 0:21. If you wanted to put something at midnight at the end of the day you would then have to use 24:00 and 24:21.

Opinions?

- Carsten