Re: [Emacs-orgmode] checkable items which don't show up in agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] checkable items which don't show up in agenda
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:39:15 +0200

On Apr 26, 2006, at 8:54, Christian Egli wrote:

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 18:19 +0200, Frank Ruell wrote:
The only thing I've missed was an option for items, which are fontyfied
and checkable via some shortcut, but never ever show up in agenda (or
rather clutter up your agenda).

What would be a use case for that? I have been thinking I would not want
to see TODO items in the agenda that for the following scenario:

* TODO Organize event
** TODO Choose a date
** TODO Invite people

Here I'd like my agenda to remind me only that I need to Organize the
event. I'd like to be able to check of the subtasks (which I'll do in
the org-mode buffer, not in the agenda), but I do not want them to
"clutter" my agenda.

Interesting idea. I could make an option which would stop searching for TODO in the subtree below a TODO entry.

- Carsten