Re: Installing cond* in core

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Installing cond* in core
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 07:39:36 -0500

> But there are also nonempty ni-exit clauses:
>
>   >     (cond*
>   >      (:no-exit (match* PAT FORM) THEN)
>   >      . ALWAYS)
>
> Can rewriting handle that?

Most likely, yes, tho I have no idea what the above means and haven't
seen the corresponding doc&code, so I can't guarantee it.

Assuming it means "if PAT matches, execute THEN (with the corresponding
bindings) for its side effects, and in all cases continue with ALWAYS
without PAT's bindings", then it's just

    (progn (pcase FORM ((PAT THEN)))
           (cond* . ALWAYS))

so that would be trivial to add, of course.

- Stefan