Re: Blog post

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Blog post
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 09:30:01 +0100

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:
> From: "Eshel Yaron"
>> I recently wrote a post on my blog that criticized a certain development
>> in Emacs, and I think I owe some people here an apology, in particular,
>> Eli and Thierry.  I never expected that rant to spread so widely
> Ranting exclusively to oneself, without any external input or perspective is
> problematic.
> Without external feedback or differing viewpoints, it's challenging to gain a
> realistic
> perspective on the problem being ranted about.  Ultimately leading to
> unexamined positions
> without the benefit of alternative viewpoints.  Without external
> communication you will get
> frustrated and isolated. Sharing with others is healthy, providing potential
> solutions if you
> are correct in your analysis.

So maybe the solution would rather be: if you’re frustrated, first enjoy
a good meal (that’s good for the mood ☺), then say politely inside the
community what feels like a problem to you.

My personal experience is that almost every time I grew sarcastic or
ranted, I hit the wrong people … (and had to write an excuse, hoping
that they would still be listening).

Best wishes,
Arne
--