Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 19:35:41 +0100

On Fri, Sep 8, 2023 at 7:25 PM Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev> wrote:

> That seems to rhyme with my proposal. Except instead of "done editing"
> it will be "done reviewing" (though some rare users might engage in
> editing the diff as well).

It doesn't rhyme at all, unless you really twist your ears.

What's wrong with C-c RET, easily typed ad as C-c C-m?  Or
just RET, for that matter?

Also why should a discussion on refactoring capabilities have
to kick off with the proposal for the destruction of one of
the most longstanding useful shortcuts in diff-mode?

João