Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 12:34:06 +0000

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> I do not find much difference when reading Github discussion from
>> browser vs. from email. They are equally flat in both cases, sometimes
>> creating confusion. It is also not too different in IRC, IMHO; and, as
>> IRC shows, it can be solved, even given the flat structure limitations,
>> using appropriate community conventions.
>
> That's your opinion, which is not shared by the majority of those who
> read news or mail.
>
> If I had not quoted your message, or introduced suitable references into
> its headers, would you be capable of establishing which message this is
> meant to reply to?  Just asking.

In my message, I did say that quoting is a good practice in Github as
well.

    That's not about Github. That's about discussion conventions. At least
    some repositories make use of message quoting in the messages to clarify
    what each message is replying to. This tends to happen in more complex
    issue discussions with multiple points being discussed.

I am not sure what you are trying to argue about. My statement was
referring to Github discussions that follow good practices.

Github or mailing list - bad messaging practices make things unreadable.
It is not about Github, it is about the community practices.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,